The blog of a 21st century, 37 year old father
of a 13 year old girl and a 6 year old boy

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

School ...

Today anything good that I could have experienced with my daughter was overshadowed by a magazine she brought home from school and a report card with two F's.

The magazine was Thrasher. I have two problems with this magazine at our middle school library 1) If any student were to read from that magazine aloud they would be sent to the office 2) If this same content were on tv it would be considered inappropriate, perhaps even for high school.

So tomorrow I get to go talk to someone, maybe the vice principal or the media coordinator to understand why this magazine is in the school library.

Now I'm all for freedom of speech. Don't get me wrong. At our library a tattoo book was taken out because of the pictures but i thought t needed to stay. Then again, I was 19.

So I didn't even get to the two F's.

Right now I'm thinking about how some kind of virtual middle school could work.

Have mercy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home