The blog of a 21st century, 37 year old father
of a 13 year old girl and a 6 year old boy

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Hot Topic vs. Old Navy

I've told my daughter to stay away from the band HIM. She's telling people online that that's one of her favorite bands along with My Chemical Romance.

She believes these bands are important to the punk/goth creed. I write punk/goth because that's how she describes herself online.

I'm thinking about taking her Adio shoes away from her. I told her more than once that just because her Adio shoes have this heartagram symbol on them that doesn't mean she could listen to the band HIM or buy into everything else that's part of the punk/goth package.

The real issue is that she desperately wants to be accepted. She says she hates the "preps" who put her down for her fashion mistakes. She says they wear Hollister and Old Navy brands.

I need to help her find a way to meet kids whom she can view as peers. But right now she can't see past the brands they wear.

If you've got any thoughts or comments on what I should do I'd REALLY like to hear them

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’d like to visit your blog more usually but lately it appears to be taking forever to come up.

I visit from work, and our connection there is fairly good.
Do you suppose the issue could possibly be on your finish?


Also visit my webpage why am i not getting pregnant

4:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home